It’s another installment of the Reactionary Hurl, the series that makes useless comments about things you may or may not care one lick about. You are
encouraged implored to take part by commenting, sending us tips, and spreading the word.
This Hurl might be a quick one, but at least it’ll be the second in a short time period, eh? It seems that the more I enjoy my real work, the less I am able to maintain my fake work here. I’ve been busy actually doing things in my off-work hours, and those things allow me to take vacations on occasion, which I’ll be doing soon. We’re heading out to some hippie camping place with yoga, wi-fi, electricity, and a store that sells organic bran muffins or some such nonsense. It should be fun for all, though! On to it!
- Sal Fasano didn’t take ‘roids. This is a solid article on Sal Fasano, journeyman catcher who was once confronted with the opportunity to take PEDs. He refused and is still hanging on in AAA. He’s also bitter that players named int eh Mitchell Report were directly competing against him for roster spots.
- Hundred dollar bills, y’all! Yikes. That’s about all I can say about this.
- Joey Gilbert hits Steroid Nation. His upcoming hearing is drawing headlines from the leading blog that follows doping accusations. I went in to try and offer some additional information. I’m very interested in how this turns out for Joey.
- A-freaking-men. It’s amazing that people could actually be in support of a bill that essentially bails out people who took risks and screwed around with their finances. I played it safe the past few years, and I’m in a solid position. I have friends who did not and they deserve no help from the government (us) at all. This bill is horrible.
- Great explanation on the MLB trade deadline from the magnificent Paul DePodesta, one of the front office guys for the Padres and former Dodgers general manager from back when I had faith in the front office. The comments are a great read as well, with readers asking questions and Paul answering. This is a perfect primer for newer or less geeky baseball fans who might be wondering why all the fuss and dealing the past week. Also, check out this shirt. Same DePo.
And just to be clear, please read the initial Reactionary Hurl so you can understand the context.