It’s another installment of the Reactionary Hurl, the series that makes useless comments about things you may or may not care one lick about. You are
encouraged implored to take part by commenting, sending us tips, and spreading the word. Wow, have I been a little pre-occupied. The Hurl may have taken a little break, but it’s not dead! In fact, it has garnered this little site more attention than it’s seen since the great Up All Night Debate that I so eloquently slapped people around in back in 2006. Anyway, The Hurl is back, and it’s happy about it. I’ll send you to it with these wise words, “It’s better to use your PR department than it is to use your legal department.” Amen.
- UNR students want beer! I can live with that demand. But I have one of my own: show the hell up to games, assfaces. Look, in 2006 when I was sitting in the stands, and last year when my family was, the drinking was stupid. I won’t lie and say I didn’t do it myself, but I’ve had to mellow out my own friends around my kids because the booze got to be too much. I say shut it down and stop selling booze at football games. And if the students want any say in what happens at football games, they ought to try sending more than 500 out of 12,000 undergrads to cheer on the team once in a while. (RGJ)
- Alcohol ban sought on the Truckee. What’s with banning alcohol? This time, it looks like there is a group, comprised of, but not limited to, River Ranch, two rafting companies, and concerned citizens or something, that wants to ban people from boozing while they float from Tahoe City to, well, River Ranch. We do this trip once a year and it never would have started without booze. I’d sure do it without booze now, but I question whether many people would ever even entertain the idea of hanging out on one of our treasures if you couldn’t bring along a few beers. (RGJ)
- Get ready for Matt Kemp. The Bison will break out this year. Dude is going to be a great baseball player. And the comments only get better. (Dodger Thoughts)
- Use Gmail better. This was a great set of tips on how to extend your address. The cool stuff just gets cooler and cooler. (Google Mail Blog)
- Pretty much done with Facebook If I wasn’t before, I’m just about done now. I log on about once a week, and this thing where it’s now MySpace without the crappy designs (but with crappy apps!) means it must be over. I argue with people about the future of social networks, and I have to say, I’m more drawn to networks that I choose to be a part of. The global stuff like Facebook inevitably jumps the shark. Reno Baby!, on the other hand, is getting more diverse and simply better as it ages. It remains to be seen, but for me, the draw of targeted social networks is big. (Wired)
- Great Photo Find. I thought it was funny. I wish I knew where it was. To answer his question, the style of sticker makes me think it is made for a bike. If that was on a bike, the context would be much better, as blood doping is really a term used most often when discussing bikes and bike racing. If you don’t get “the new black” at this point, it might be hopeless. (Flickr)
And just to be clear, please read the initial Reactionary Hurl so you can understand the context.