It’s another installment of the Reactionary Hurl, the series that makes useless comments about things you may or may not care one lick about. You are
encouraged implored to take part by commenting, sending us tips, and spreading the word. I had about 25 possible Hurl topics today, so it was time to get this done. The best part of this one is the two videos I linked at the end. One you may or may not get. The other will be funny no matter if you have any idea what it means. Sometimes I think back on the days when Ed Adkins had a blog. There were battles with Tom Green and Bee Gees fans. Those were the good old days of Reno blogging. Before the hipsters got here.
- Dirty Laundry? I had no idea Hollywood Madam Heidi Fleiss had moved to Nevada. It’s even better that she lives in Pahrump. And better still that she owns a laundromat. Wonder how a woman like that will do in the Nye County Slam. (RGJ)
- Why the Pats’ season was perfect. If only we could have the same thing happen to the Red Sox, too. And throw the Yankees in there on principle. The just gave Robinson Cano $30 million over four years. Any other team, and he gets $10 million over the same time frame. Ridiculous. The best part of the article, by the way, was the last paragraph. (The Onion)
- A final thought on Kevin Hart. It truly is sad that football is so important that it led to this. As someone who participates in a recruiting/fan site, I have to say I’m always a little creeped out by the guys who salivate over kids like they’re hunks of meat. It’s an odd thing, and I wish people didn’t do it. (Deadspin)
- I see this guy all the time! Riding some crotch rocket compensation machine. Round ‘em up. (Boing Boing)
- Progress! Keep at it, Helen. You can do it. Just remember, baby steps. (Big Starlet)
- Flickr users don’t like this idea. I don’t, either. Microsuck surely can’t make Flickr better, can they? If you think so, what evidence exists that suggests anything they make is a better product than Flickr? (Wired)
- Speaking of compensating. Holy damn! I’ve seen that thing in the canon catalog before, but had no idea it was so rare. Or expensive! It weighs 36 pounds! But I could see Los Angeles from here with it, if I knew which direction to point it. That is sweet. (Kottke)
- Finally, for the benefit of those of you who have been asleep, you must watch these videos. They’d be far better promoted if the guy who made them had his own blog or something. (Boing Boing and Ed)
And just to be clear, please read the initial Reactionary Hurl so you can understand the context.