It’s another installment of the Reactionary Hurl, the series that makes useless comments about things you may or may not care one lick about. You are
encouraged implored to take part by commenting, sending us tips, and spreading the word. Today I’m going to insist that you pay attention to the following: quirky baseball rules and regs, the fact that Conventional Wisdomâ„¢ blows, and failure. Failure to be real (or cool, or both(!), depending on how you view it. I view it as all of the above), failure to find inspiration (we at mrjerz.org are pulling for you, Helen), and, well, just failure. A blog about it. Funny as all get out. That’s what I’m talking about.
- Ten quirky baseball rules. Some of them are pretty well-known to baseball people, but odd nonetheless. Number 11(?) is slightly wrong, as the explanation is more detailed than necessary. Once there are two outs in an inning, first base can still be occupied when a dropped third strike occurs and allows the batter to reach base, therefore an infinite number of strikeouts can happen in an inning. Nolan Ryan once struck four guys out in an inning when I was a kid. Awesome. (Hardball Times)
- Straight up brilliant quote. Experience, especially in a field like politics, where ingrained equals good, breeds conventional wisdom. Conventional wisdom is stupid. (The Daily Whim)
- Hillary Clinton likes videos that would make most of America gasp. In a typical politician’s attempt to sound “connected” she’s attached herself to an embarrassing video. I don’t even care, really. It’s just that these people are so out of touch, then when they try to act in touch they screw up and people are still focused on whether they “can win” or not and the point of a people’s government is totally lost. same goes for George Bush. His favorite painting carries a hilariously different meaning from what he says it does. Freaking idiots, all of them. Just be real. (Boing Boing)
- Please, record the CD, already. I only got two paragraphs into this post by Big Starlet before I got depressed. She’s lacking inspiration and I can’t take that. I want her to produce more music. I don’t want anyone struggling within to find what motivates. I’ve been through it, and I feel the pain. Speaking of pain…ahh forget it. (Big Starlet)
- Fail blog. Hilariously funny, if you are either attuned to the phenomenon of “fail” or you read Fark. I couldn’t stop laughing. My favorite was Bottled Water. My God that’s funny. (Boing Boing)
And just to be clear, please read the initial Reactionary Hurl so you can understand the context.