It’s another installment of the Reactionary Hurl, the series that makes useless comments about things you may or may not care one lick about. You are
encouraged implored to take part by commenting, sending us tips, and spreading the word. Today’s touches on Ron Paul Crazyâ„¢, smoking bans, X-Wing rockets, Andruw Jones, mortgage welfare, climate fear mongering, and great license plates. Your friends will read it, so you should too.
- More Ron Paul Crazyâ„¢. This short anecdote is a great example of why I can’t even entertain the thought of Ron Paul. He might be saying all the right things and he might believe in things that I believe in, but could you imaging an actual cult leader as president? Ron Paul would be that. (A Whole Lotta Nothing)
- No Smoking in public places = dream come true. Since I didn’t get called for an interview for this article (I know, I can’t believe it either), I’ll sound off here. Smoking sucks. People who smoke have a defect. When I go somewhere to watch a game (Scruples) the last thing I want to contend with is the smoke that dickweeds spew out while they also watch the game. I was at The Green Room on Saturday to see Stage Fright, Ed Adkins’ improv group, and came home smelling like ass. After two hours tops in the place. The show was great, the smoke can suck it. (RGJ)
- Democrats are politicians too. More props for Kirk Caraway for actually recognizing that even your favorite politician can be a dirty scumbag. He seems to be the only blogger in the state that cares about politics and recognizes that the Democrats are complicit in every bad deed done in the last seven years. It’s an important thing in any discussion to note. You may hate the guy in there now, but the other guys have let him run rampant—often by following right behind him. It’s just another reason why politicians suck. (Kirk Caraway)
- I need a crystal ball, too. Some guy made up a number and assigned it to…let’s see…the winner is…number of hurricanes in 2008! At least there isn’t any fear mongering when it comes to climate predictions. (Google News)
- Bush isn’t doing enough for people who are in over their heads with mortgage payments. Or something. To sum it up, people with mortgages they can’t pay need to be subsidized and felt sorry for by people who can pay their mortgages. Wow. I understand wanting to avoid a major financial crisis, but then what? Do they get to run away with their nice profit they made on a house they should never have been in? At a cost to the rest of us? If I had known this is how it would be, I’d live in a 4,000 square foot “starter home” too. (Huffington Post)
- Andruw Jones: welcome to LA. I’m happy about Andruw Jones signing with the Dodgers for a few reasons. 1) He is better even in a terrible year than Juan Pierre. 2) It means that the Dodgers recognize how bad Juan Pierre is by getting another guy that plays in his spot. 3) Nobody will tag up from first on fly balls to center field anymore. 4) The contract, as if I have any say, is a decent one. Two years is manageable. 5) There is hope that Juan Pierre somehow disappears from the Dodger roster. Wow, that’s a lot of anger toward poor Juan Pierre. (Vegas Watch)
- Holy Misguided! I don’t even know what to say. My brilliant license plate ideas: 1) 55 RUSS, 2) VICK 7. Which would you choose? (Me!)
- Labels in Gmail rule. That is all. (Official Gmail Blog)
- Nerds build X-Wing and launch it. The video is at least funny. Cool idea: executed. To what degree, I’ll let you decide. (Wired)
And just to be clear, please read the initial Reactionary Hurl so you can understand the context.