It’s another installment of the Reactionary Hurl, the series that makes useless comments about things you may or may not care one lick about. You are
encouraged implored to take part by commenting, sending us tips, and spreading the word.
If I had one goal for this Hurl, it would be to latch onto some of that Google Juice that’s attached to the name Michael Lewis. I want our names to somehow be connected, even if I never achieve what he’s achieved in life. But it’s alright. I can make it simply being forever attached to Reno’s top. blogger. That’s what this is all about, you know? Also, Frank Allison!
- We need way more Arrested Development references. This is pretty funny. I’m really disappointed they didn’t call it Hot Wiener Water.
- Couldn’t quite think of a joke that was tasteful regarding UNLV and downwinders. Pretty cool idea to do an oral history of the test site before all those people disappear from the planet. I will actually post something decent being done by UNLV, yes. But don’t count on this being a regular thing.
- The sub-10 second 100m. Interesting title. I have contended that I doubt it is possible to run a sub-10 second 100m without juicing, too. It’s arbitrary, but it is meant to show that I don’t think any of the current “world-class” sprinters are clean. Especially the ones coming near world records. This lends to that theory somewhat, and it also serves to show that people who say this stuff can’t make you an Olympian are wrong. The difference in the 100m might be as small os .02 seconds, but that’s greater than the difference between 1st and 6th place in the Olympic trials. I’d say that, yes, it can make you an Olympian.
- Mass shooting? I’d say this qualifies as a slight misrepresentation of the facts. By the accounts that have been published locally, the guy did not enter that bar hoping to wipe out a ton of people. He went there to kill the people he did and happened to hit others. I’m not excusign it, and the guy who took him out is a hero, but to say it was a mass killing thwarted is a bit of a ridiculous attempt at politicizing the event. Don’t you think?
- Michael Lewis, great sportswriter. Awesome page with links to many articles by Michael Lewis, author of Jerz favorites Moneyball and The Blind Side. The books were inspired by some of these articles and I’d have to say he’s probably the premier sportswriter in America right now.
And just to be clear, please read the initial Reactionary Hurl so you can understand the context.