Another installment of the Reactionary Hurl, the series in which I take the easy road to blogging and react to news in short, opinionated, useless snippets. Use dry ice. It’s not as smelly, probably hurts less, and is easy to carve into shape. Omega!
- Burning Man Burner burned again. And I got scooped by, like, every other reactor on the internets. Oh well, it’s funny either way. After reading Paul’s thing that I linked earlier, I question his actual interest in burning things. I think he just needs attention. (Google News)
- Public college tuition rising faster than private. Depending on who you talk to, the answer you should be getting is, “Duh.” I heard once from a professor (and you should take this as absolute fact because I researched it as thoroughly as I would any item in the Reactionary Hurl) that tuition pays only 20%of the cost of college in a state school, while I presume the cost of a private school would be closer to 100% than a public school would. So it would be reasonable to think that as state budgets tighten, the cost of public schools would increase not only in actual dollars, but in percentage covered by tuition, therefore the rate would be increasing faster. But sometimes you have to have headlines like this so people can be outraged at stuff. (DailySource)
- Robert Scoble thinks anonymous bloggers suck, too. I’m sensing a theme here. Self-important blogger criticizes anonymous blogger for saying something that is patently false. Anonymous blogger 1 is unaccountable. Anonymous blogger 2 doesn’t care. Wait, that’s not exactly a pattern. But anonymous bloggers still suck. (Scobleizer)
- Compare green paints! Not the color green, silly, the righteously indignant green. And then, don’t buy any of them because it will break you just to paint one wall in my daughter’s shoe box of a bedroom. Screw that. I’m sticking with the stuff that kills fish or something. (Matter)
- The Muth deserves credit. As much as I’ve had fun bashing The Muth on this site (along with his sycophants, the EO and (let’s just call him) El Disney), he deserves a lot of credit for being what amounts to the lone intelligent conservative voice blogging in Nevada. Instead of just reciting talking points, he actually digs into the issues and goes for the real scoop on them and how they play out in Carson City. Someone needs to do it, because it just gets old listening to The Gleaner make up stupid names and basically act like a complete asshole in post after post. (Muth’s Truths)
- Get your brand on. I have a soft spot for stories of branding. Not that I’d ever have the guts to put a burning coat hanger on my skin or anything like that. But as someone who isn’t a fan of tattoos, I think it takes a certain, shall we say, machismo to get branded. No fancy colors, no butterflies or dolphins, just pure badass scarring in the shape of a sigma or something. (Fark)
- The Barry Chronicles come to a close. And guess what? He’s pissed. Why wouldn’t he be? He’s like a child who every single night got dessert without even glancing toward his plate only to finally be told to eat his damn broccoli. So the Giants have spent ungodly amounts of money on the guy, only to have him piss off the world around him and handcuff the team through his demands and salary, and now they tell him to bug off. The nerve of that team. Go unceremoniously pick up hit number 3,000 in Kansas City where the baseball world can stand to have you play, and STFU already. (ESPN)
- The Prius is 10? Who knew? It seems like only yesterday that I was in the dealership looking for one only to be turned off due to a long wait and high price tag (I went with an SUV, by the way, but seriously, I did want one). Ten years old? (Huffington Post)
- Great drinking stories. Number 2 is by far the best. How can one die from “porter fumes?” WTF were they using to brew back then? All solid, and none that I can say we were close to rivaling in the college days. The Sundowners were legit, but these stories make a triple 151, on fire no less, with egg on top seem tame. (CNN)
And just to be clear, please read the initial Reactionary Hurl so you can understand the context.