Another installment of the Reactionary Hurl, the series in which I take the easy road to blogging and react to news in short, opinionated, useless snippets. When I called myself Magnus ver Magnussen, I wasn’t kidding. At all.
- Poor Warren Jeffs. But that’s not why I posted this. I posted this because it’s the reason we have sites like Fark. That headline is flat out perfect. (Fark)
- That douche who started Girls Gone Wild had a rough time in jail. It must be brutal when a guard tells you that he’s going to strap you in a char naked for two days. And you get crappy/negligible amounts of food. And you’re cold. Or, it could just be that you’re in jail for exploiting stupid girls with your video camera. And what’s the crime in that? (Huffington Post)
- The life of a kicker is a rough one. But for one guy. For me, this article solidifies a conversation I had with Rosemary McCarthy a few months back. Michael Lewis is the best sports journalist there is today. Period. I can read anything he writes, even if it’s about kickers. He is more interesting than Frank Deford and avoids any and all clichÃ©s, which separates him from every person to ever have written for ESPN. The article is especially timely after Nevada’s game on Saturday ended on a missed field goal. Read him. (Kottke)
- I’m disappointed I had to find this on my own: The Jerz. Surely there are people reading this site and that site who should have sent me a link to that post. And surely you all recognize that I’m not as bad as that guy—I would undoubtedly be paying attention to that girl. And finally, I am way more jacked than that sap. (HCwD)
- Attention OurTahoe crew. This one is for all of us nerds from the program. If someone spots Steve, give us the play-by-play. (Boing Boing)
- Do we lead the world in taserings? I sure hope so. I think it’s bunk that the UN calls the taser an item of torture. Sure, if you just whip that baby out and start shocking fools willy-nilly, then it’s probably a bit cruel. But when taserings happen to prevent things like, I don’t know, shootings, then I have to think that it’s not too bad of an instrument. (PowerOn)
- This explains why I’m so out of touch. I do know who my representatives are, and have no clue who has won American Idol lately. Except for that guy who was older than my mom and did all those Ford commercials and hasn’t been heard form in over a year. I have no idea what his name is, but I could pick his ass out of a lineup. (The Daily Whim)
- Nevada Independent Americans are seeking a contribution disclosure exemption. That’s only slightly surprising. I actually was a bit surprised to see that they went through the proper channels to get such an exemption, considering that they are those guys who scream from podiums about government control of everything. Sack up and just disobey the law. What I really found interesting is that the exemption precedent is based on persecution of people who contribute to these parties. As someone who is usually all about transparency, I have to agree with this. I’d hate it if I worked with someone who I called crazy for fun and didn’t really mean any of it had given money to these guys and I found out about it. Think of how I’d feel that he was really crazy all along. (Dullard Mush)
And just to be clear, please read the initial Reactionary Hurl so you can understand the context.